CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thirsty Thursday

Looking dapper young man, now where is Eduardo to get me another sassafrass on the rocks



There is nothing I like more then a good ol’ Thursday night happy hour….of course there is a good old fashioned spanking, but that is a whole other column altogether. Thursday may just be the perfect night to go out drinking. There is only one day left in the work week and everyone can show up and get sloshed in their suits and pantyhose. There is nothing better then a drunk person in loafers and an alligator sweater, or in my household we like to call it, ‘being Republican’. Dressing racy on a Thursday night involves unbuttoning your top two buttons and sometimes the naughtier girls even take off their tights. Saturday night you can show up half naked in a plastic bikini with tassels and it's perfectly fine, but Thursday you better show up in some slacks damnit and they better be pressed.

When I was without a job during the summer of 2004, otherwise known as ‘when life was good and suicide wasn’t an option’, I remember getting dressed up like I had a job just to go out to the bars. I would put on my khaki’s best and show up to meet my friends for drinks like I had just come from the office. I would even maybe spill a bit of coffee on the side of my knee, just for authenticity. Sometimes at the bar I would get on my cell phone and yell things like, “Yeah, those TPS reports, I need them, by tomorrow! And go fax me some…ugh, things…Eduardo! Yes boy stop questioning me and go do it now!..” And normally that was right about the time my grandpa would hang up the phone on me.

I was very insecure that summer about not having a job and when guys would ask me what I do for a living I had the whole, “a little bit of this, a little bit of that” speech down… Only later did I learn that is what most drug dealers say as well. I would also say I had “meetings” to go to with Ellen…and by “Ellen” I did mean, the actual show ‘Ellen’.

One of my good friends and I met through a love of gin and tonics in Midtown East. We bonded over Thursday night alcoholism and let me say, we have been friends ever since. And when we discovered we also shared a love for mozzarella sticks it was all I could do to not cry at the bar and give her a huge hug…but I didn’t, only because that might mess up the sweater tied around my neck...I mean hey, it was Thursday.

12 Cizz-omments:

Anonymous said...

at least it's not those saturday night suit-dudes...but khakis are very hot right now

Kim & Dic said...

I love a good suit on a saturday night, and a blackberry and then watching someone punch those jerks in the face...priceless

Bangs and a Bun said...

I've had meetings with Ellen too. I've penciled Oprah in once but when Judge Judy calls, I always have to take it.

Ha Ha Sound said...

I'll go drinking any night that there's mozzarella sticks around. And, um, alcohol. Suits or no suits.

LisaBinDaCity said...

Yum, mozzerella sticks. Sign me up for one of those Thursday night extravaganza's!

Kim & Dic said...

@bangs-judge judy, whoa, she is intense!
@haha- yes alcohol is good in any attire this is true

Kim & Dic said...

@Lisa- i will sign you up lady, mozz sticks happen about once a week, boneless buffalo wings prob twice

Steph said...

Just found your blog! Will have to start reading more often!

modelbehavior said...

Yeah - I'm a Thursday partier too. Love it! None of the weekend people are out yet but there's only one day of the week left to go!

Kim & Dic said...

@ bee- thanks lady!!
@model- yes, the weekend people are only still getting ready

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

"Saturday night you can show up half naked in a plastic bikini with tassels and it's perfectly fine, but Thursday you better show up in some slacks damnit and they better be pressed." So does this mean my leopard corset and booty shorts are out?

I do a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but my hooking is bringing in a majority of my income...

great post chick!

ETP said...

Sounds like the dress for a bar on the Upper East Side? No?