CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In Other News...Articles I Did Not Write, But Wish I Had

Guest Blogger:...Drum Roll Please...NYMagazine.

Ummm..because they are NY?...And a magazine? ...And they have pictures and not a lot of words ...and that makes me happy?

NYMAG.com


Meet Winter Raymond, Overachiever







ElleWomen's magazines often make women feel inadequate. That's, like, what they do. But seldom do they make us feel quite so inadequate as September's Elle, which features a woman called Winter Raymond:



When 27-year-old Winter Raymond isn't slogging through her third year of law school in Boston, she's in Seoul, Korea, juggling a law firm internship, a fledgling company (Seoulplay, a concierge service for business travelers she launched last year) and burgeoning TV stardom on the Korean answer to The Dating Game, in which she hits the town with famous comedians.



Really? How is that even possible? It's like she's one of those characters from Heroes.




Also she apparently does all this wearing $1,500 Jimmy Choo sandals and carrying a $2,595 Gucci bag. We, on the other hand, can't even put on earrings in the morning (the effort makes us nauseated).





We totally hated her immediately.

13 Cizz-omments:

Subway Gal said...

Where do they find these people? Where do these women come from? I want to move there.

Cunning_Linguist said...

No doubt her paramour is somebody worth billions and only has the doctorate and law degrees to keep life interesting.

Bitch, I hate her. (gets all catty with you). Barkeep.... 2 appletini's and keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

UGH these kind of stories depress me...did you know David Beckham is only 33 and he already is one of the wealthiest athletes...what is going on in the world?!

Steph said...

I feel like she probably had better guidance counselors in college.... I went to public school... maybe if I went to a better high school I too could juggle my law degree, a dating service and an internship all wearing a fab outfit... bitch.

Anonymous said...

Whose name is winter anyway??? That just seems wrong. She must be on some form of hippie drugs, that is my bet.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

I love women's magazines, but I've always wondered that myself. Are they supposed to help us or make us want to slit our wrist and pour cyanide in the wounds?

ps- I would guest blog for you, if Im funny enough and with more warning.

Kim & Dic said...

Women's magazines always make me feel bad about myself..I think it's standard protocal...

And MSPUDDIN...send me your stuff lady and I will post it... you don't need to be funny, you just need to be funnier than Jesus.

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Blah!

Hate, Abhor, Loathe....just insert gagging sound and hope the upchuck lands on her Gucci bag.

I want to cry.

modelbehavior said...

What -- uuuh -- there's no way she's actually doing all that. 27 is kinda old to be a law student (i guess not if you have the excuses she does of being a transcontinental celebrity, but still...) I'm focusing on that.

Hope you're feeling better hunny!

Sid said...

I bet she buys the answers to her law exams. s

Liöüx said...

ACCOMPLISHMENTS?!?!!!

I just barely finished reading this post.

*sigh*

One more reason to hate WINTER!

KJS said...

And I can barely comment ...

Here's the 4,765th.

StunnedintheCity said...

Why is her entire body the same width as my right leg (slightly smaller than my left due to surgery last summer)?

Well, I think her schedule starts to become more feasible when you think that each of these activities is surely replacing a square meal. WHY?!?