CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Girls - Nemesis/ Archnemis and Aerobic Instructors



For those of you who have not read Chuck Klosterman, there is a theory he has that transcends most theories I have on life…and no I am not talking about my ‘men in Birkenstocks’ theories, although that comes close. The theory suggesting that women function better in society because they recognize they have a nemesis and an archnemesis. The nemesis most likely being their best friend (clearly) or someone who has been their best friend (pillow-fight mishap perhaps); and their archnemesis being the girl they have hated for many years (essentially someone better looking). As women we like to think, “Oh no Sally will be a nice girl and get along with everyone…” But the truth is, no matter how lady-like Sally is, deep down she is willing to kill one woman and have the other woman mangled by wolves… the one mangled and still surviving of course, being her nemesis.

My Nemesis is as predicted, one of my good friends. Or more so one of my ‘seemingly’ good friends. If you knew us closely you would know my deep seething hatred for her. Or possibly jealously. Let’s call my NemeisisHessica”… or as I like to call her “The Bitch that ruined my 22nd Birthday” . Now “Hessica” is one of those girls who gets away with anything. She can be a full out prick everyday of her life, because she is one of 'those girls'. And by ‘those girls” I mean- she is “hot and selfish”…two traits I have long desired to attain through many years of hard work.

She does all the normal best friend things…tell me how to style my hair…questions my job changes…tells me my uterus will never support babies…the usual. And as much as I hate her , I secretly long to be Hessica, long to be carefree enough to say what’s on my mind, wear what I want, think what I want….And some nights I sit awake wondering what might happen if a taxi cab ran her over. But truth be told, I don’t want that cab to kill her…just to mangle her up a bit, maybe give her a funny wink or smile or something. Maybe just hit the side of her leg just hard enough for her face to plunge into the cement street and break that perfect tip of her nose. Without her though, I wouldn’t spend so much thought into the clothes I wear going out at night, or the way I style my hair, or my overall attitude. And when all is said and done, she makes me strive to be a better (looking) person.

My Archnemesis is quite the same, except when I sit in bed awake at night dreaming of the cab hitting her I dream of it actually running her over and over again. I then imagine standing at her funeral while people talk about now they never much liked her to begin with. My Archnemeis of course being the first girl to ever take a boyfriend from me. I actually watched her walking out of his apartment building at 4am ...and no, I was not camped out in a bush carrying an extra large purple flashlight bought from the LLBean camping section (pg 24)…JEEZ! Not only did the cunt take my boyfriend, but she got some great job and some amazing house and even bought a car. I haven’t thought about buying a car since the subway system was invented in the 1600’s. I haven’t driven one in the same amount of time either. And the most expensive investment I have made this yet was in a bottle of percoet.

However my archnemis makes me want a get better job…rent out a bigger apartment…learn how to punch a nice uppercut to her face.... Either way, I actually work harder to become a better person by outdoing her. And stay motivated. And when all is said and done; having her around makes me a better person.

And one day when I am married and carrying babies, I may not care about either of these women. I may not care about any woman at all. But most likely I will just have new women to loathe in my life. Evil women such as, “PTA Members” or “Choir Singers"...regardless they all will make me a better person, forcing me to wake up every morning stating, “Kim, you woke up today to outdo that bitch.” Which, as I believe, is also a quote said by someone named “Jesus”.
Just sayin.

12 Cizz-omments:

Quarterlifegirl said...

Love it! It is so true, we all have one women that we want to be better than and one that we just want to kill! Hehehe! Great blog.

Anonymous said...

I read that book by Klosterman...that was a very good point, women always recognize who they hate and how it makes them better!

Kim & Dic said...

sometimes i have numerous women i want to be better then and more than one i want to kill...on any given day of course

ZenDenizen said...

Absolutely loved IV and that was definitely one of the better chapters. I've accepted there are some frenemies that will be with me for the long haul and all I can do is minimize my contact with them.

JUST ME said...

There aren't actually a lot of people I'd like to see hit by a car...

Except this bitch from high school who told everyone I was a lesbian for no reason other than I told her I liked her pants one time...

I didn't say I wanted to get IN her pants, just that I LIKED the style.

She can get hit by a car.

Anonymous said...

I hope hessica wasnt reading this...who knows, maybe she is jealous of you....did you see chuck k's new book?

Ha Ha Sound said...

That is freaking hilarious. You've outdone yourself with this post. NYCPonderings.

And for the record, guys have nemeses also. We just don't pretend that they're friends.

Potsie said...

I think you should end up at the same bar as the arch-nemesis (by accident of course), and then put yourself in a position where she spills her drink on you, and the rest is history...

Too much work?

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

Ok I so get you.

I have friends that I secretly want to stab. Then there is also this one bitch from high school, who stole my man and I still want to kill her to this day. In fact I bumped into her recently (random) in the club and she looked hot and I wanted to yank her extensions out and push her down a flight of stairs. But I didn’t. I should have, but I didn’t…

Kim & Dic said...

@ zen- yes, the less contact the better i guess
@ just me- HA because you liked her pants? you should have told her, "fine i take it back, i hate your pants" clearly she thinks she is too hot to trot
@ jay- hessica actually cant read

Kim & Dic said...

@ Ha- yes but your nemesis must be your best friend because how else do you bring them down?
@joc- I lost you at "you should"
@MS- EKK! extenstions are never hot..... unless they are on you or me of course

ZenDenizen said...

Just Me - That's straight out of the Mean Girls plot!